Wednesday 12 November 2008

Hello I am back at last!

....and not before time either!! Why I can't blog every day like most people I really don't know?? The days just seem to go so fast and before I know it a week has gone past. Well, I have actually been doing some craft related stuff this week....yay! Just before we moved in December last year, I brought some wooden letters spelling out 'HOME' to alter to go with whatever home decor we decided on. Eleven months on we are all settled in our new house although we haven't started to decorate it yet. Back in the spring we had a huge new conservatory built on the back of the house, with a gorgeous tiled floor with underfloor heating and radiator. This is so we can use it all year round. Only two weekends ago we finally painted the newly plastered house wall inside the conservatory a gorgeous warm orange. It was so totally the right colour and gives the room a really warm glow. Whilst looking through my scrapbook stash for papers for the wooden letters, I came across the old but perfect sugar dumpling papers from art from the heart. Now in my mind I was seeing these letters covered in Basic Grey, but the colours of the sugar dumpling papers were so perfect I just had to use them. Green is the accent colour for the conservatory so the orange and green in the paperslook amazing. I will post a pic as soon as they are totally finished. I am just adding the finishing touches to them with the sand paper, then they will be ready to be varnished and embellished :o) then of course, ready to be displayed in our beloved conservatory. I can't make up my mind as to whether I am going to stand them up on the high windowsill or attatch them to the wall....we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment