Thursday 12 February 2009

A new day bed


Last week I won an Ikea day bed on Ebay. On Sunday morning we went to pick it up from Surrey. It was about an hour and a half drive from us but it was well worth it. I am so pleased with it. At the moment as you can see from the picture, I have put a throw over it and piled up my homemade cusions on it :o) It needs more cushions I know, but it is mighty comfy. I have put it in the conservatory until we need it upstairs. Kellie loves it and spend Monday night on it to try it out! In the morning when I got up (late I might add!!)at 7am she was still fast asleep on it! I was expecting her to be in the lounge watching sponge bob at the crack of dawn! The day bed is going in Kellies' room for visitors and students that we have in the summer. I am really toying with the idea of getting rid of Kellies' divan bed and replacing it with another day bed the same as this new one. That way, there would be a bed for Kellie and also a settee (daybed) made up for her to sit on and play her ds. I think I will have to persuade Clint on this one though.mIt would certainly make sense and would be nice to have matching beds. I am also going to get a net canopy to hang from the ceiling to make it more fairytale looking. Wish we lived near an Ikea..how ironic that just as we move from the Southampton area they open one there this week...tut.

No comments:

Post a Comment