Sunday 18 January 2009

Weekend away

I am back from a weekend away at my parents' house. This is the first time I have seen them since October 2007!! Kellie and I stayed with them, leaving on Friday and came home on Sunday. It was good to see Mum and Dad again and we had lots of catching up to do. Also I visited Eastleigh, which was also good for me as that is where we moved from last year, after living there for twenty years. I only saw one person I knew and that was from a distance!! I don't miss Eastleigh anymore, but I do like to visit now and again as my best friend Bev still lives there. I didn't have time to visit her on this visit but I will next time for sure.

I did another scrapbook LO last week that I am really pleased with. I will upload a picture of it tomorrow. It is the first time I have used a transparency on a LO. I have had the transparency for about a year, but had no idea what LO I wanted to use it on!! This one just fell together and another school photo is finally scrapped :D I also made two cushions last week for my leather sofa in the conservatory, they are nothing spectacular but again, I am pleased with the end result...photos to follow tomorrow. For the first time in a long time I am doing one layout after another. It has been a long time since I have done that, I have never lost interest in scrapping, but my mojo just went. In the house where I now live, I don't have a scraproom like I did in our old house. When things are all put away in drawers under the scrapdesk and on a unit or in a stanley robox, like mine are, you tend to not be able to find things and this affects my mojo. I am still waiting on my order from do crafts. Two packs of that half price Basic Grey paper, tha they wete selling off cheap. I'm a bit fed up that I had to pay £3.99 postage and its still not here! I did expect it to be here ultra quick for that much p&p! I am also waiting in that parcel for some of the rub ons to go with the paper. Friday my new paper cutter arrived, I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but I think it is going to be a good one :o) I brought the woodware finger guard one and purchased an extra blade...the scallop one, I'm looking forward to trying this out. Oh yes, I also got two sheets of patterned paper...only 2?? Yes, really, only two sheets...Autumn Leaves, green foliage one and a dandylion one. I couldn't resist them even though I didn't need them!! No more stash after the basic grey, I have enough!! Thanks for visiting my blog and reading my boring old ramblings, I enjoy typing them and enjoy it eve more when I see somebody other than me has read them :o)

1 comment:

  1. Hiya hun, sounds like you had a lovely weekend away :D
    Will look forward to seeing your pics soon.

    Im off to create something now i think.

    Much Love Katy xx

    ReplyDelete